Are you interested in paediatric feeding?
We have a position available starting in August 2024 with shared days across both our Lambton and Maitland clinic rooms. This position is flexible so applicants can apply for either full-time or part-time days.
Let’s Eat! is a close-knit and supportive team where supervision and training are provided weekly. Email us now to chat about this excellent opportunity – email@example.com
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
* Excellent time management skills and the management of a busy caseload.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Full Driver’s Licence and car
* Current First Aid certificate
* Current National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
* Current Speech Pathology Australia registration.
* Minimum of 12 months experience
* Training in some paediatric feeding postgraduate courses
* Experience in fussy eating/feeding difficulties in babies and/or children
10 reasons why you should apply to work with us
- Work alongside experienced feeding therapists with significant experience and feeding outcomes in paediatric feeding
- Be in a supportive team with weekly supervision
- Be in a team with a strong focus on staying up to date with the latest feeding evidence and theory.
- Be supported with a very generous Professional Development budget of $1000 for external training (pro rata) and $2255 Feeding Therapy Australia tickets equalling $3255 of paediatric feeding training! you definitely won’t get this level of PD anywhere!
- Have the work-life balance you need with flexible working hours.
- Have access to a large feeding resource library with the latest tools, books, and feeding handouts.
- Be able to have fun in the kitchen cooking with kids and their parents – what we do is real-life feeding therapy.
- Be supported with your ideas in innovation around feeding services – we want to hear them and support you in achieving them.
- Have admin support around booking appointments – you don’t need to worry about the smaller admin details in our team.
- Most importantly, make changes in babies’ and children’s lives with their feeding skills – We go home every day feeling like what we do makes a difference and you can too when working with us.
A bit about Us…
Let’s Eat! Feeding Therapy (formerly Let’s Eat! Paediatric speech pathology) is a feeding specialist practice. We see children from infants to teenagers with feeding difficulties and fussy eating/restricted feeding issues. If you follow us on social media then you know we have an excellent reputation, demonstrated feeding outcomes and supportive team working ethos.
About the supervisor: Valerie Gent will be your boss and clinical supervisor. She has extensive experience in paediatric feeding, has published a kid’s book on fussy eating, and is currently doing her PhD in responsive feeding therapy. Valerie has also presented feeding lectures to Speech Pathology university students at the University of Newcastle, is a tutor at the Autism Academic Centre for Excellence at Griffith University, and runs feeding workshops around Australia and internationally. Val is highly sought after as a feeding clinical supervisor and her role will be supporting and building your skill and knowledge in feeding. This is the job for you if you are passionate about building your career as a paediatric feeding speech pathologist.
About the practice: This small boutique practice is focused on supporting each other. The current therapists work collaboratively with all of our clients to help them achieve their goals. The Let’s Eat! team loves what we do and can’t wait to have another therapist join our team.
Do you want to hear more about the team and why they love working at Let’s Eat! Feeding Therapy? Watch the video above that they put together for you and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org