Are you interested in paediatric feeding?
Do you love working in a team?
Do you love cooking and everything about food?
Then come join our team!
We have a position available at Let’s Eat! for an Occupational Therapist (Monday-Friday). Our speech pathology positions are now filled.
Part time 2 days/week
Hours – 8:30am – 5pm
Start date: June 2021
- Send a cover letter to Val – Telling us about your feeding experience and training.
- Attach this with your CV and send it to email@example.com
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Good range of experience/knowledge in sensory processing, core stability and fine motor difficulties as an OT
- Some professional development in feeding (we will provide you with our own Let’s Eat training program)
- Excellent time management skills and the management of a busy caseload.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Full Driver’s Licence and car
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current National Criminal Records Check.
- Current Working with Children Check.
This position is for therapists with a couple of years of generalist experience under their belts.
As the sole OT on our team, not only will you be trained and supervised by the Lets eat team but we will arrange external OT supervision for you as well.
This is a permanent salaried position between AHP2-3 level dependent on your clinical experience.
10 reasons why you should apply to work with us
- Work alongside experienced feeding therapists with significant experience and feeding outcomes in paediatric feeding
- Be in a supportive team with weekly mentoring and supervision (internal and external)
- Be in a team with a strong focus on staying up to date with the latest feeding evidence and theory.
- Be supported with a very generous Professional Development budget.
- Have the work life balance you need with flexible working hours.
- Have access to a large feeding resource library with the latest tools, books and feeding handouts.
- Be able to have fun in the kitchen cooking with kids and their parents – what we do is real life feeding therapy.
- Be supported with your ideas in innovation around feeding services – we want to hear it and support you in achieving it.
- Have the admin support around booking appointments, phone, laptop and uniform – you don’t need to worry about the smaller admin details in our team.
- Most importantly, make changes in babies and children’s lives with their feeding skills – crying with joy is common in our sessions – both from us and from our clients/parents when feeding goals are achieved. We go home every day feeling like what we do makes a difference and you can too when working with us.
A bit about Us…
Let’s Eat! Feeding Therapy (formerly Let’s Eat! Paediatric speech pathology) is a feeding specialist practice. We see children from infants to teenagers with feeding difficulties and fussy eating/restricted feeding issues. If you follow us on social media then you know we have an excellent reputation, demonstrated feeding outcomes and supportive team working ethos.
Our practice has presented at the University of Newcastle in paediatric feeding, we have held workshops in feeding for doctors, nurses and parents. We host international presenters and even present very popular and booked out allied health workshops. Paediatric Feeding is what we are passionate about!
We help each other to be the best we can and work collaboratively with all of our clients to help them achieve their goals. We love what we do and can’t wait to have another therapist join our team.
Send Val an email – firstname.lastname@example.org