Are you interested in paediatric feeding?
Do you love working in a team?
Do you love cooking and everything about food?
Then come join our team!
This position will start in August 2024
Open to both full-time and part-time positions.
Location: Shared days across both our Lambton and Maitland clinic.
- Send a cover letter to Val – Telling us about your interest in feeding, your experience, and/or training.
- Attach this with your CV and send it to email@example.com
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- Current Speech Pathology Australia Membership
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Full Driver’s Licence and car
* Excellent time management skills and the management of a busy caseload.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Current National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
* Minimum of 12 months experience as a Speech Pathologist
* Training in some paediatric feeding postgraduate courses
* Experience in fussy eating/feeding difficulties in babies and/or children
10 reasons why you should apply to work with us
- Work alongside experienced feeding therapists with significant experience and feeding outcomes in paediatric feeding
- Be in a supportive team with weekly supervision
- Be in a team with a strong focus on staying up to date with the latest feeding evidence and theory.
- Be supported with a very generous Professional Development budget.
- Have the work-life balance you need with flexible working hours.
- Have access to a large feeding resource library with the latest tools, books, and feeding handouts.
- Be able to have fun in the kitchen cooking with kids and their parents – what we do is real-life feeding therapy.
- Be supported with your ideas in innovation around feeding services – we want to hear them and support you in achieving them.
- Have admin support around booking appointments – you don’t need to worry about the smaller admin details in our team.
- Most importantly, make changes in babies and children’s lives with their feeding skills – We go home every day feeling like what we do makes a difference and you can too when working with us.
A bit about Us…
Let’s Eat! Feeding Therapy (formerly Let’s Eat! Paediatric speech pathology) is a feeding specialist practice. We support children from infants to teenagers with feeding difficulties and fussy eating/restricted feeding issues. If you follow us on social media then you know we have an excellent reputation, demonstrated feeding outcomes, and supportive team working ethos.
About your supervisor: Valerie Gent will be your boss and clinical supervisor. She has extensive experience in paediatric feeding, has published a kids book on fussy eating, and is currently doing her PhD in responsive feeding therapy. Valerie has also presented feeding lectures to Speech Pathology university students at the University of Newcastle, as well as runs feeding workshops around Australia and internationally. Val is highly sought after as a feeding clinical supervisor and her role will be supporting and building your skills and knowledge in feeding. This is the job for you if you are passionate about building your career as a paediatric feeding speech pathologist.
About the practice: This small boutique practice is focused on supporting each other. The current therapists work collaboratively with all of our clients to help them achieve their goals. Let’s Eat! mentoring week is always fun both for the clients and for building the collaboration and confidence of all the therapists. The Let’s Eat! team loves what we do and can’t wait to have another therapist join our team.
So what are you waiting for?
Send us a letter and your CV telling us about your experience or interest in feeding and why you think you should be THE therapist to join our team. Applications will close once we find that perfect person – so don’t delay!
PS: Click on this youtube link to hear from our team about why you should consider applying!